LAYERED CHOCOLATE COCONUT FUDGE {PALEO & VEGAN}

This no bake layered Chocolate Coconut Fudge has all the creamy texture and decadent flavor you crave but is made with real-food ingredients.  It’s dairy free, grain free, Paleo, Vegan, and absolutely dreamy for any chocolate lover.
Chocolate coconut layered fudge - vegan, paleo, dairy free
I’m taking the risk of sounding like a broken record, but, I’m asking you to bond with me today over our shared love for chocolate.
I’m assuming you have a heart and soul and therefore love chocolate.  Apologies to anyone who genuinely does not like chocolate but is still a good person (I mean really?) but, I just can’t bring myself to trust someone who says they’re not into it.  You have an agenda perhaps – some sort of desire to rise above the primal human urge to stuff our faces with delicious things.  What’s next, you don’t like sweatpants?
It’s not working for me.  I don’t buy it – you are clearly trying to hide something.
So much for an apology.
Anyway, if you’re ready to bond I’m ready to chat.  I love chocolate, period.  If I’m going to be dead honest with y’all, I don’t only lust after dark chocolate either – my taste in chocolate does not discriminate.
White chocolate was my favorite as a kid (I remember the first time I tried white chocolate and my universe was flipped inside out) and I know some people say it’s not even chocolate at all (maybe just keep it to yourself for now), but basically you could not present me with a chocolate that I would turn down.
Chocolate Caramel Layered Fudge - Paleo, vegan, no bake, dairy freeEven the time we tasted raw unsweetened chocolate in first grade (some might consider this child abuse nowadays) to illustrate what “bitter” meant, I was not turned off, only more intrigued, and left the experience with a greater appreciation for all the possibilities that exist with chocolate.  If chocolate is not somewhere in the top 5 slots of your “life’s greatest pleasures” list, then maybe you need to reevaluate what you consider “pleasure” in the first place.
You know I’m kidding and don’t really hate you if you’re not a chocolate person, right?  I’ll move onto the second part of this recipe that makes me want to eat it constantly then – coconut.  There is simply nothing better than the taste and texture of the coconut/chocolate candy combo.
Layered Chocolate Coconut fudge - no bake, gluten free, paleo and vegan
Think mounds bars or macaroons or almond joy bars or even just a box of assorted chocolates.  The coconut wins!  Although I love caramel too, but if I had to pick one I’d go coconut.  This may or may not have been a small deciding factor in whether or not I could do this whole Paleo thing longterm – I can’t lie – I don’t hate all the coconut!
So, to conclude, I just went on and on and told you basically nothing except that I like chocolate and coconut – oops.  How can I make this up to you?  By giving you the recipe!  Okay, here it goes:

LAYERED CHOCOLATE COCONUT FUDGE {PALEO & VEGAN}

Layered Chocolate Coconut Fudge - Paleo and vegan
LAYERED CHOCOLATE COCONUT FUDGE {PALEO & VEGAN}
PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
Layered Chocolate Coconut Fudge that's rich and decadent yet made with good for you ingredients! Paleo, grain free, dairy free, vegan.
Author: 
Recipe type: Dessert/Treat
Cuisine: Paleo & Vegan
Serves: 16-20 servings
INGREDIENTS
Chocolate Layer
Coconut Layer
Top Chocolate Drizzle
  • ¼ cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
  • ½ tsp coconut oil
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan or dish with parchment paper with some overlapping on the sides
  2. Make the chocolate layer first: In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt dark morsels and coconut oil while stirring continuously. Stir in coconut milk and remove from heat, then stir in the vanilla.
  3. Spread the chocolate mixture in the parchment lined dish using a spatula to scrape out every drop. Chill in the freezer while you make the coconut layer.
  4. To make the coconut layer, mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until fully combined, then prepare the top chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate chips and coconut oil over very low heat while stirring.
  5. Sprinkle the coconut layer evenly over the thickened chocolate layer (shouldn't be completely set or the two layers will separate as they cool) and then drizzle the melted chocolate/coconut oil over the top. Put in the freezer for 10 mins to set and then cut into squares to serve!
  6. Store leftovers in either the freezer or refrigerator. The freezer will give it more of a candy bar consistency while the fridge will make it more like fudge.
NOTES
*I refrigerated my can of coconut milk so the water and cream separate, then discarded half the water and blended the rest together for a thick, creamy coconut milk.
by: paleorunningmomma.com

Komentar